1. We will serve our clients with
integrity, competence, and objectivity.
2. We will keep client information and records of
client engagements confidential and will use proprietary client
information only with the client's permission.
3. We will not take advantage of confidential client
Information for ourselves or our firms.
4. We will not allow conflicts of interest which provide
a competitive advantage to one client through our use of confidential
Information from another client who is a direct competitor without
that competitors permission.
5. We will accept only engagements for which we are
qualified by our experience and competence.
6. We will assign staff to client
engagements in accord with their experience, knowledge, and expertise.
will Immediately acknowledge any influences on our objectivity
to our clients and will offer to withdraw from a consulting engagement
when our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
8. We will agree independently and in advance on the
basis for our fees and expenses and will charge fees and expenses
that are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the services
we deliver and the responsibility we accept.
will disclose to our clients in advance any fees or commissions
that we will receive for equipment, supplies or services we recommend
to our clients.
10. We will
respect the intellectual property rights of our clients, other
consulting firms, and sole practitioners and will not use proprietary
information or methodologies without permission.
11. We will not advertise our services in a deceptive
manner and will not misrepresent the consulting profession, consulting
firms, or sole practitioners.
12. We will report violations of this Code of Ethics.
The council of consulting Organizations, Inc. Board of
Directors approved this Code of Ethics on January 8. 1991.
The Institute of Management Consultants (IMC) is a division
of the Council of Consulting Organizations. Inc.
INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
521 Fifth Avenue. 35th Floor. New York. NY 10175-3598
Back to Management
What is a Certified Management